Independence, Benefits and Housing

This service aims to support you to fill in benefit and other forms such as Universal Credit (UC) Personal Independance Payments (PIP), Employment and Support Allowance (ESA), Attendance allowance and so on. This service is free.

We are also able to offer support with appeals should your application for benefit be turned down.

We can also help with housing and debt issues.

These services get very busy so please contact us for an appointment in good time. Don't leave it until the last minute as we may not be able to help you.

In addition to this, we also have access to a wealth of information around disability issues which may be of use to you. It is our aim to give you the information you require and if we are unable to answer your question, we will attempt to find the information from a third party or give you the contact details of an organization or individual who may be able to help.

Benefits and Work Website

This is a useful site for information and advice on disability benefits. Some is available freely, but there is a subscription to get full access.
Available on website HERE

Documents to help with benefits

Leaflets (in PDF format)

Disability Support Torbay - Court Tribunal Support

DST court waiver

Universal Credit Xmas payments 2019

UC Xmas payments

Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)

Employment _and _Support _Allowance _ESA_Factsheet


Rethink MH ESA50 Tips sheet

Bristol WRAMAS Guide ESA50


Personal Independence Payment (PIP)

PIP Rates (2019/2020)

Personal Independence Payment Factsheet

DWP PIP Questionnare blank

PIP Guide to Claiming April 2015

Timetable for PIP Replacing DLA 2015

Hardship Allowance

DWP Hardship Guide

DWP Blank Hardship Form

Other Documents

JCP Sanction Notes

Help with opening documents can be found HERE. (Opens in a new window.)